Copywriting has never been more important
This is certainly the feeling I left "Who needs Copywriters?" with. This is, for some reason, the UK's only copywriting conference (and my one chance a year to be surrounded by fellow writers). I attended last year's conference. I thought it was pretty good so I went back for more. This year was even better.
Then various speakers (including but not limited to Roger Horberry, Ros Sinclair, David Levin and Andy Maslen) took us through some incredibly costly writing mistakes and embarrassing errors in advertising. Not to mention the vast benefits of getting it right in advertising, direct mail, social media, business writing, etc.
Some key copywriting tips of the day
- read everything
- just write. You can make it good later
- don't be boring
- create emotional interest
- proof read everything! Then proof read it again. And again
- inject KAVA into your writing
- take advantage of the Open Library
- start with a great strategy
- if you're struggling to come up with a decent strapline, try thinking of rhyme, alliteration, well known phrases, telling the truth, using the word "you" or challenging your audience
- follow @The_Dolphin_Pub. David Levin, the guy behind it, is brilliant
FutureRising's playlist: Office Romance
For this week's playlist in our Spotify series, we're the soundtrack to help your love life at work with the 'Office Romance' playlist.
Artist Anna Lomax combines the bold and the beautiful
Anna Lomax, artist and designer combines weird and wonderful objects to complete her vision.
I am not a robot
The best way to prove you are 'Not a Robot' is to prove you are 'a Human' - that's the message these students want to send.
What makes a great cover letter?
Cover letters are vital in applications. It’s one of the first things employers see, so you must make yourself stand out. How can you do that?
How to stand out at your internship
You have finally been accepted for your dream internship, but how do you stand out from the crowd?
How can I put my CV onto one page?
Employers look for one page CVs so we have compiled top tips to help you easily shorten your CV.