Pick 5 agencies to focus your job, internship or work experience search
Whether you're looking for a placement, internship or full time job, the application process can be long and hard, especially when your time and attention is spread thinly across employers. Make your life much easier and improve your success rate with this simple rule.
Pick just five companies you admire and would love to work for.
Focusing your attention will help you craft better applications and increase your chances of landing a job.
If you’re unsure of where to search for companies, take a look at the Campaign League Tables over at Campaign for advertising, media and marketing companies. And if you’re looking to find a design or branding company to join, see Design Intellect’s Top 50.
You'll need to sort through a load first, use these questions to help you decide who makes it into your top 5:
• What does the company stand for?
• What services do they provide?
• What kind of work do they produce?
• Which clients do they have?
Once you have your five, it’s time to begin the research:
• When and how do they hire new people?
• Who works in the department you want to start in?
• What do these people get up to? Any side projects?
• How can I get in touch with people who work there?
all this knowledge to hand. Plus some peculiar nuggets of information
you might find on pages 2, 3 and 4 of Google, you will be armed with
everything you need to personalise your messaging and begin going after
See the latest FutureRising weekly newsletter for the ways to get in touch with companies.