We managed to grab a few minutes of Tom Wood's time to interview him about his experiences prior to and in the creative industries along with what advice he can offer to young people.
Tom is currently a project manager at ais London where he's worked on some great brands such as Skoda, Vodafone and National Express.
If you're looking for advice in a particular area, jump to that question using the following timings.
- What is it like being a project manager? (1:54 mins)
- How do you approach a new brief? (2:23 mins)
- How do you pitch brave work to clients? (2:53 mins)
- How can people get into the industry? (3:35 mins)
- What is your most memorable piece of work? (4:30 mins)
- Who would you share a desk with? (5:33 mins)
- Where do you find inspiration? (6:19 mins)
- What's the one piece of advice you would give? (6:52 mins)
Abadir Hashi, Architecture Graduate, Ravensbourne
Abadir talks about studying Architecture at Ravensbourne and his experiences as a freelance graphic designer.
Daniel Bottiglieri, Head of Marketing, Brainlabs
Daniel Bottiglieri had a somewhat unconventional path into the creative industries, from Leicester, Oxford to Brainlabs.
Danielle Griffiths, Freelance Stylist & Author
Danielle Griffiths, has over 15 years Fashion industry experience, having graduated from Westminster University with a BA in Fashion in 2001. We dig a little deeper to understand how Danielle started out.
Nicolas Schwabach, Copywriter & Translator
Nicolas Schwabach, is London born with over 25 years agency experience in England, Saudi Arabia and Germany working on international brands as well as for small businesses.
Ben Carpenter, Account Executive, R/GA
Ben Carpenter, an account executive at R/GA talks to us about his job, how he ended up in advertising and what tips he has for people trying to get into the industry.
Mark Manning, Client Partner, Huge
We catch up with Mark Manning, a client partner at agency Huge where he is in charge of a range of accounts across a variety of industries.