We spoke to Ricky Richards, film director at Vixenkick, designer and art director, about his experiences in the creative industries and what advice he can offer to young people looking to follow in his footsteps. Ricky holds nothing back as he gives his fresh take on the advertising industry and explains how you can be disruptive and stand out. Ricky also talks about how he met Graham Fink.
"Get yourself in a circle of people who are all doing great things."
If you're looking for advice in a particular area, jump to that question using the following timings.
- Landing your first job (00:00 mins)
- Meeting Graham Fink (01:07 mins)
- Breaking free of design (02:25 mins)
- Getting into film (03:46 mins)
- Challenges in Advertising (04:55 mins)
- Making things happen (06:48 mins)
- Having a mentor (07:18 mins)
- Coming up with ideas (08:25 mins)
- Successful people (08:48 mins)
- What drives Ricky (09:27 mins)
- Ricky's future projects (10:04 mins)
- Who Ricky would most like to work with (10:38 mins)
- If Ricky had an extra day each week (11:05 mins)
For more careers advice and help getting into advertising, check out our guide to the advertising industry.
How to get into vlogging, with Scarlett Dixon
We had a chat with fashion and health blogger and vlogger Scarlett Dixon on how you can get into vlogging.
Ellys Airey, Creative Production Intern, Warner Music UK
Warner Music UK Intern Ellys Airey, tells us about her internship at one of the world's largest record companies.
AR expert on the future of advertising
We sat down with Brand Partnerships Director of Blippar, Mikela Eskenazi to talk AR, advertising, and the future.
Creator of the Month: Alex Mathers, Writer and Illustrator
To kick off our Creator of the Month feature we spoke to illustrator and freelance extraordinaire Alex Mathers.
Sean Ward, Digital Assistant Intern, Atlantic Records
We caught up with Atlanta records' current Digital Assistant Intern, Sean Ward, to talk about this incredible role and working at Warner Music.
Laurent Harald Woker, Email Production Coordinator, Warner Music UK
We spoke to former Artist Services intern, and now Email Production Coordinator for Warner Music UK, Laurent Harald Woker about working for the biggest record companies in the world.