We spoke to Ricky Richards, film director at Vixenkick, designer and art director, about his experiences in the creative industries and what advice he can offer to young people looking to follow in his footsteps. Ricky holds nothing back as he gives his fresh take on the advertising industry and explains how you can be disruptive and stand out. Ricky also talks about how he met Graham Fink.
"Get yourself in a circle of people who are all doing great things."
If you're looking for advice in a particular area, jump to that question using the following timings.
- Landing your first job (00:00 mins)
- Meeting Graham Fink (01:07 mins)
- Breaking free of design (02:25 mins)
- Getting into film (03:46 mins)
- Challenges in Advertising (04:55 mins)
- Making things happen (06:48 mins)
- Having a mentor (07:18 mins)
- Coming up with ideas (08:25 mins)
- Successful people (08:48 mins)
- What drives Ricky (09:27 mins)
- Ricky's future projects (10:04 mins)
- Who Ricky would most like to work with (10:38 mins)
- If Ricky had an extra day each week (11:05 mins)
For more careers advice and help getting into advertising, check out our guide to the advertising industry.
Chris Reed, Flare Studio Production Lead, AMV BBDO
We met with Chris Reed, who heads up Flare Studio, a newly formed content studio from BBDO whose aim to produce blockbuster content for the world's biggest brands.
Alex Burmaster, Co-founder, Meteor
As Co-Founder of PR agency, Meteor, Alex Burmaster shares his experiences of going from freelancer, to big business, to his very own start-up.
How to get into vlogging, with Scarlett Dixon
We had a chat with fashion and health blogger and vlogger Scarlett Dixon on how you can get into vlogging.
Ellys Airey, Creative Production Intern, Warner Music UK
Warner Music UK Intern Ellys Airey, tells us about her internship at one of the world's largest record companies.
AR expert on the future of advertising
We sat down with Brand Partnerships Director of Blippar, Mikela Eskenazi to talk AR, advertising, and the future.
Creator of the Month: Alex Mathers, Writer and Illustrator
To kick off our Creator of the Month feature we spoke to illustrator and freelance extraordinaire Alex Mathers.